80 Years of Excellence
For more than 80 years, S.G. Frantz® has been manufacturing Magnetic Separators for the removal of fine magnetic particles from liquids, slurries, gases, dry granular materials and powders.
By leveraging our extensive knowledge and expertise, we have been able to continually develop and improve upon the technology of our products. This singular focus on excellence has enabled us to produce some of the industry's most effective Magnetic Separators and helped us to earn a reputation for exceptional quality and lasting performance.
3 Distinct Lines of Magnetic Separators
S.G. Frantz® offers three distinct lines of Magnetic Separators. Each of these proven technologies has been designed and improved over the past 80 years to ensure reliable performance and effective results.
3 Proven Matrix Technologies
S.G. Frantz® offers three proven matrix technologies for the above-mentioned Magnetic Separators:
• The width of the strip is aligned with the background magnetic field, making the strip width-to-thickness ratio large and easy to magnetize, which produces a high magnetic field at the edges where collection occurs (with a relatively low background field).
• The high width-to-thickness ratio and the open structure of the wound grid results in extremely low flow resistance.
• The nickel-brazing of the grid produces a rigid structure that holds up well under most industrial processing conditions.
NOTE: Grids can be selected so that the thickness of the strip is appropriate for the range of sizes of particles to be captured, and the opening is sized to accommodate particle size, flow viscosity, etc.
• Providing the highest cumulative collecting edge length per unit volume (by several orders of magnitude) of all commonly used matrix materials
• Producing good results with moderate background fields (even though higher background magnetic fields are required)
• Relatively inexpensive bulk material
NOTE: Stainless steel wool cartridges produce much higher flow resistance than our standard grids and are not suitable for high-viscosity liquids or slurries. Also, complete cleaning of the matrix is difficult, and it can be easily clogged by even a small percentage of particles larger than about 45 microns (for fine stainless steel wool). We address this by winding stainless steel wool on reels and stacking the resulting cartridges in the separator.
• The thickness of the metal and the expansion pattern openings can be varied to suit the application.
NOTE: Each different pattern requires the purchase of dedicated tooling, and relatively large minimum quantities of any specific configuration of the material must be purchased for economy.
Varied Industry Applications
Our durable Magnetic Separators deliver exceptional value to a wide variety of industries, including:
• Mineral processing
Custom Engineering Solutions
S.G. Frantz's core competency includes engineering custom solutions based on:
• Processing conditions
• Available line voltage
• Corrosive or hazardous environments
• Collecting element (matrix) optimization
• Automation requirements
• And much more
We achieve this market advantage through a unique blend of experience and value-based problem solving. Whatever your separation needs may be, S.G. Frantz® delivers expertise, competency and product performance that is rare in today's marketplace.
For those customers in need of even more specialized solutions, we offer the assistance and full capabilities of our own staff of dedicated and knowledgeable in-house engineers. Working together to understand your individual application, we have every confidence that we can develop and manufacture a product that will provide years of effective, reliable performance.
If you are searching for a Magnetic Separator that delivers proven performance and exceptional results, contact S.G. Frantz today at (215) 943-2930.